1603425Mar-Chi, Maries Chinese Painting Colour Set E1302 12col x 12ml (sh), Maries, Chinese Painting - Calligraphy
Chinese Painting is always more suitable to paint on Rice Paper rather than watercolour paper whereby Chinese Painting Colors are very friendly to use and are the “back bone” of Chinese Painting.
Hence, you could be playing together to create all kinds of Grey Tones which more often then not would enhance your Chinese Painting.
Contain of 12 Colors Tube x 12ml:
1. Chinese White 104 - also kown as titanium white, an opaque mineral color
Often applied to the back of rice paper to enhance the whiteness of paper, such as waterfalls in landscape painting or the the white furs or feather on animals.
Mix with carmine or rouge for paint pink flowers, mix with gamboge for stamens and pollen.
2. Light Green 593 - an opaque mineral color
In traditional blue-and-green landscape painting, after a layer of transparent green is applied to the front side, this opaque green is applied to the backside of rice paper to create the final effect.
Avoid using it alone on the front side of the paper.
Always used on top of ink, umber or vegetable colors; otherwise, it will look chalky.
3. Light Blue 493 - an opaque mineral color (azurite)
There are three tones from dark to light and this is the third one (light).
Used for thick leaves, rocks and sky. Use on the back of rice paper with transparent blue on the front to avoid chalkyness.
Mix with Phthalocyanine to make it darker if needed.
4. Vermilion 399 - a semi-opaque mineral color, good for painting orange red flowers, maple leaves and autumn foliage, or washing sunset sky, especially useful for painting rooster and gold fish
More intense but often mixed with cinnabar
4. Cinnabar 398 - a opaque Mineral color. Often used in flower and birds, and human figure painting.
More chalky but often mixed with vermillion
5. Umber 684 - a semi-transparent mineral color
A brown color made from the yellow soil. Ideal for painting earthy landscapes, rocks, tree trunks and flower stems.
6. Indigo 495 - a transparent plant color
This is one of the most useful color in Chinese painting.
Complementary to umber in traditional Chinese landscape painting.
Mix with ink to make blue gray, and combine with gamboge to make green leaves.
7. Gamboge 218 - a transparent plant color
Good for flowers, mix with Indigo to make transparent green for leaves and trees.
Mix with white to dot pollens
8. Rouge 400 - a transparent plant color
A very rich dark red for flowers; diluted with water or white to make cool pink for plum blossoms, or add a red tinge to leaves or branches.
A most commonly used color for painting the calyx of tree flowers such as plum, peach or cherry blossoms.
9. Carmine 390 - a transparent plant color
A beautiful crimson for flowers. Often combined with white and rouge to paint peony, rose and other pink flowers.
10. Scarlet 302 - a transparent plant color
Often mixed with vermilion and rouge for dark red peony or roses.
12. Phthalocyanine Blue 451 - a transparent plant color.
Mix with gamboge yellow to make various greens in landscape and leaves.
A more pure and intense blue than indigo.